When I heard about using wool dryer balls as a replacement for fabric softener, my ears perked up. I had stopped using fabric softener and dryer sheets a long time ago, once I learned that they can be skin irritants, and I hadn’t missed them at all. But wool dryer balls do much more than soften laundry, so I knew I had to give them a try. And now I’m hooked!
Why Switch to Wool Dryer Balls?
Because they have so many benefits! For example, wool dryer balls:
- soften clothing without any of the toxic chemicals found in traditional products
- help laundry dry faster (saving you money)
- keep clothing from bunching together and wrinkling in the dryer
- can be used to cut down on static cling
- last for years (saving you even more money)
If you’ve been using traditional fabric softener, you might be wondering how to transition to wool dryer balls, so I thought I’d answer some questions you may have and share some tips with you today.